- All Shabbat powder cosmetics must be pre-scraped before Shabbat. Using a metal comb will keep the powder silky.
- All scraping must be a powdery consistency. You can only work from scrapings.
- All Shabbat cosmetics are to be applied with the appropriate brushes, using a separate brush for each color.
- Using Q-tips, fingers, or sponge applicators is not permissible.
- Each color needs its own brush, i.e., you may not use one brush to put on two different colors of eyeshadow.
- Mixing or blending of powders to produce a new color is not permitted before Shabbat or on Shabbat.
- The face and lips must be dry and free of color before applying the cosmetics on Shabbat.
- While it is permissible to place layer after layer of the same color during Shabbat, if one wants to use a different color, there cannot be any trace of the first color.